ADVERTISEMENT NO: STP/GEOINFO-SW/18-19/01 Date: 05th July 2018
Science and Technology Park, Pune (Scitech Park, Pune) is an institute set up jointly by Department of Science and Technology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India in the year 1986. Scitech Park, Pune acts as an interface to bring complete cohesion between the researchers & industry to work for mutual benefits and for benefit of the society at large. It works as a nodal agency to provide training and consultancy services to various government, public and private sectors. It is also involved in giving need-based training to researchers, entrepreneurs and industries by using resources in terms of manpower and infrastructure of the University and various national and state institutions.
Applications are invited for (01) position as GIS Developer for the Geoinformatics Division of Science and Technology Park, Pune.
Position 1: Position Code (PC): 01-GIS-Devp
GIS Developer (GIS-Devp):
Experience required: Minimum 2 to Maximum 3 years
Secondary skills: Open layers, D3 JS
- Should have proven experience in Open Source Software development
- Scripting language: HTML, CSS, Java-script, PHP & Python as well
- Expertise in Open Layer/Leaflet JS (Should be develop custom widget based on requirement)
- GIS Server: Geo Server (Should be able to publish various types of map services such as WMS, WFS & WPS)
- QGIS Plug-in development using Python would be added advantage
- Knowledge & experience of GIS-routing (using tools such as pg-routing etc.)
- Knowledge of Google Map API would be added advantage 8.Database: PostgreSQL/PostGIS
- Operating system: Windows/Linux
Can handle challenging requirement of Web-GIS such as:
- Should develop Interactive/User-friendly and mobile compatible GUI.
- Should develop dynamic search/query (similar to Google search) to any GIS Layer such as point/line/polygon feature by specifying a condition on its data attributes.
- Should develop a utility to export the desired GIS data onto the compatible format like pdf, excel, csv, jpeg etc.
- Should develop a tool to visualize history data, using to time slider.
- Should develop a tool to call any external programs/utilities (e.g. e-mail/sms/notification)
Eligible candidates can e-mail their CV along with application letter at firstname.lastname@example.org at the earliest.
Last date of applications would be 21st July 2018